RECIPE - serves 6
1/2 cup self raising flour
1 cup sugar
Grated rind 1 large lemon
4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
4 tbsp (57 grams) melted butter
3 large eggs, separated
1 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees, or 160 fan forced.
2. Grease an 18cm by 28cm tray and set aside.
3. Add flour, sugar, lemon rind, lemon juice, melted butter and egg yolks to a mixing bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
4. Slowly add milk. Mixture will be runny.
5. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff and white.
6. Slowly pour lemon batter through egg white mixture, folding through lightly.
7. Pour into the prepared greased dish. Stand the greased tray in another baking dish filled with cold water.
8. Bake for about one hour. The pudding should separate into fluffy cake on top and lemon sauce on the bottom.
9. Serve warm with cream or ice cream.