Kai and I have been house hunting for awhile, trying to buy our first home, and getting very frustrated, very depressed and very fed up. Last weekend we inspected a place, made an offer, and got a call a few days later to say the vendor had accepted the offer. Hooray! Three days later we found ourselves at a breeder adopting a puppy to add to our little family. We are hopefully moving into the place just before Christmas, and the puppy will be ready to come home with us the same time. Perfect!
RECIPE - makes around 20 truffles
150g good quality milk chocolate
2 tbsp pouring cream
1/2 cup crushed corn flakes, gluten free
1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder, sifted
1. Melt chocolate and cream on low heat until smooth.
2. Remove from heat and stir in corn flakes.
3. Place saucepan in fridge for 1-2 hours, until firm enough to roll into balls.
4. Roll small spoonfuls of the mixture into balls, then roll in the cocoa to coat. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
1. Replace corn flakes with 1 tbsp Tia Maria or Kahlua.
2. Replace corn flakes with Frangelico, cocoa with 60g hazelnuts, toasted, skins removed, finely chopped
3. Replace chocolate with white chocolate, reduce cream to 1 1/2 tbsp, liqueur to Grand Marnier or Cointreau and 1 tsp finely grated orange rind, and cocoa with 1/2 cup (45g) coconut.
Source: Good Weekend magazine