250g butter, chopped and softened
200g dark eating chocolate, chopped
1 1/3 cups milk
2 cups caster sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
1/4 cup self raising flour, sifted
1/4 cup cocoa, sifted
2 eggs, room temperature
2/3 cup cream
250g dark eating chocolate
150g milk eating chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Grease deep 22cm round cake pan; line base with baking paper.
2. Combine butter, chocolate, milk, sugar and vanilla in medium saucepan, stir over low heat until mixture is smooth.
3. Cool mixture until barely warm, whisk in sifted dry ingredients and eggs.
4. Pour mixture into pan and bake for about 1 1/2 hours.
5. Stand cake for 20 minutes in pan. Turn onto wire rack.
1. Place cream and chocolate in a saucepan on low heat and stir until chocolate has melted.
2. Remove ganache from heat and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Stir until smooth then pour over cake. Refrigerate.
Store in fridge; remove an hour before serving to soften.